Senior HR Advisor at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior HR Advisor - Full Time, Permanent opportunity - Te Tai Tokerau (Northland)
- Are you an experienced HR professional with a strong background in coaching, employee relations and supporting managers to drive high performance?
- Do you pride yourself in applying a consistent way of working that promotes a one team approach?
- Are you able to operate independently, remote from your team while still ensuring you are connected to the wider HR team?
- Base location is negotiable within the Te Tai Tokerau region - Kaikohe, Kaitaia, Whangarei or Dargaville.
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we are committed to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Our People and Leadership team prides itself in delivering exceptional advice, support and guidance to managers on people-related issues and development to deliver an exceptional employee experience across Oranga Tamariki.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Come and join our amazing regionally based HR Operations team!
We have an immediate need for an experienced HR practitioner to join our team to support our Te Tai Tokerau region.
As the Regional Senior HR Advisor, you are the primary HR support for managers in this region, developing line management capability in HR practice and helping managers to self-sufficiency in delivering their people-related accountabilities.
Some travel within the region and New Zealand will be required.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- An experienced professional who excels at handling the whole spectrum of HR and has a current working knowledge of employment relations legislation and HR practices, including performance management, recruitment, induction, employment relations, remuneration, and employee engagement.
- This role has a big focus on supporting managers with employment relation cases so you will need to have a very strong employment relations background
- Someone who thrives in anticipating and meeting our customers' needs and who gets satisfaction in delivering a job well done at pace and in a changing environment
- A top-notch communicator who takes a collaborative approach in their work and prides themselves in working as a trusted advisor to senior managers
- A person who can lead with influence and can have the courageous conversations while maintaining strong relationships with the team and across the business
- A multi-tasker who can manage a variety of work, prioritise and understand issues and provide solution focused advice and guidance
Most importantly, you will be great at what you do, looking for a new challenge in your career and can keep perspective when it all gets a little crazy!
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding career with flexible working opportunities and a committed team environment where we thrive to make a difference.
We offer a competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's framework, as well as generous benefits - https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 30 January 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior HR Advisor - PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.