HRIS System Administrator at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Human Resources Information Systems
The details: Permanent full-time, 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
We are seeking an experienced administrator to support the accurate and effective operation and maintenance of our HRIS and other administration systems.
This role ensures that our employees have access to the important information pertaining to them regarding their pay and other personal information.
About the Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to:
• Provide support to the users and administrators of the HR/Payroll application.
• Play a role in implementing and championing new functionality within Waikato DHB’s Payroll / HR Application to enhance the user experience.
• Ensure integrity and accuracy of the system which enables the production of payroll and transactional HR activities
• Provide advice and expertise in managing the application and its wide variety of modules working with stakeholders and vendors, and drive initiatives to ensure maximisation of updates and effectiveness of systems
• Actively participate in improvement projects related to HR Systems applications
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
• Analytical skills
• Enthusiasm and can do attitude
• Good communication skills
• Good documentation skills (review/preparation of - training documents, technical documents, business process/operating procedure documents, testing & defect documentation)
• Experience with, and good knowledge of, Microsoft office products especially Excel & Word.
• Understanding of database concepts
• Ability to manage workload with competing demands and tight time lines.
• Provide excellent customer care
• Act with initiative and be proactive in solving problems
• Attention to detail
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Positive attitude
• Flexible approach
• Deadline focused
• Be self-motivated and contribute to and embrace change
• Be a team player
Accuracy, attention to detail, and a logical approach are essential for this role in order to ensure quality outcomes for the business. You will require excellent customer service and time management skills and the ability to deliver on a challenging workload. Highly developed computer skills are essential and experience in using an HRIS would be an advantage.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Rachael Devey in the Recruitment Team on Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 31 January 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.