Registered Nurse - Starship Child Health, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Registered Nurses for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Starship Child Health
– We have Permanent Fulltime vacancies available!
Here is a great opportunity for experienced nurses to make a difference to our Tamariki and Whanau
- Support the health and hauora of our tamariki and pēpi
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that values your input
Come be part of our Team!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a 40 cot unit consisting of 18 intensive care and 22 high dependency cots. NICU cares for babies born premature from 23 weeks gestation, and is the referral centre for babies who need paediatric cardiology services, neonatal surgery or treatment for complex metabolic diseases.
Located on level nine of Auckland City Hospital - directly across from our National Women’s labour and delivery suite, you will work amongst the largest maternity service in New Zealand with approximately 7,500 deliveries per year and around 900 infants admitted to NICU.
To know more about the role or to have a confidential initial discussion before applying please contact Dale Garton, Nurse Unit Manager-Neonatal Intensive Care Unit via email DGarton@adhb.govt.nz or call on 021 938 869.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The exciting NICU unit invites applications from Registered Nurses who have neonatal experience to join the active team in providing premium neonatal care to the populations we serve!
We have Permanent full time vacancies available!
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
Your support will ensure our whānau, families, and communities thrive; and are committed to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori Health and supporting the mana of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and progress health equity. In addition, you will have:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council
- will bring your neonatal nursing background along with 2+ years of nursing experience in an acute setting
- have a focus on caring for the wellbeing of tamariki and whānau
- demonstrate well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for or want to develop your child health nursing skills
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting #ADHB1221NICU to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.