Therapy Assistant - Rehab-Mobility Solutions at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work as a Therapy Assistant for our Community Service - Mobility Solutions
- Based at Point Chevalier Clinical Centre
- 1 FTE permeant role- 40 hrs per week
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Mobility Solutions team are a client focused, motivated and creative group of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, technicians and support staff who assist people of all ages and abilities to achieve their mobility and positioning goals. Based at Pt Chevalier Clinical Centre at Auckland DHB with the ability to travel across the Auckland region to visit clients in their homes, schools and community.
We are looking for a keen and energetic individual interested in being a Therapy Assistant. In this role, you will assist health professionals in the community services directorate to provide client/family/whānau centred, safe and effective care within a multi-disciplinary team, where the majority of time is client related by:
- Undertaking delegated activities and interventions in outpatient and community settings as required by ADHB
- Assisting health professionals during joint visits and treatment sessions
- Completing equipment prescription and management as delegated by health professionals
We encourage our staff to “aim high” and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development. Our welcoming and supportive team will give you the best start in our specialty and will assist you to grow and develop your clinical skills and knowledge. If this sounds like you, please apply now!
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Year 11 Maths and English or equivalent
- National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support (Health Assistant)-Rehabilitation Strand (Level 3) or equivalent or a commitment to obtaining within the first 18 months of employment in the role
- Current full car drivers’ licence
- Sound computer skills including computer literacy in Microsoft Office (word, outlook and excel)
- Effective written and verbal communication in English
- Effective self-management, time management and organisational skills
- A positive, pro-active approach to work
For more information about this role please contact Michelle Smith, Service Lead via MichelleSm@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anesha Pillay via Aneshag@adhb.govt.nz or 021 390 875 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.