Emergency Medicine Specialist - Blenheim at Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim), Wairau Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nelson Marlborough Health seeks an experienced Emergency Medicine Specialist or Rural Hospital Specialist with an interest in Emergency Medicine to join the department of Emergency Medicine
- Permanent, part-time 0.8FTE (64 hours a fortnight)
- Be a part of a dynamic Emergency Medicine team
- Rostered and rotating through Monday to Sunday
- Wairau Hospital, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki ēnei mahi (About these positions)
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the ED roster contributing an equal share to shifts.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including five other FACEM-s, and 3 Rural Hospital Medical Practitioners with a team of RMOs and a Nurse Practitioner making a positive difference.
- Supervise and participate in teaching of junior medical workforce.
- Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand-s most sought after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their medical expertise and competencies to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to critical care to patients in the region.
- Have ED experience and knowledge of the unique demands in a provincial hospital.
- Hold FACEM, or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Emergency Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Link
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect with close proximity to the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks.
Marlborough offers an amazing friendly and safe community to raise a family and enjoy -kiwilife- at its best. Marlborough has 20% of New Zealand-s coastline and boasts 2400 sunshine hours per year. It is unrivalled in the array of easily accessible leisure pursuits and outdoor activities it provides, sailing and mountain biking, hiking being very popular.
The region offers endless opportunities for walking/hiking, water sports, and skiing. The region is also well known for its award-winning wineries, art, local theatre and convention centre hosting visiting shows, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More
pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form. (Applications via email will not be considered.) https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz
Please note: In line with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Amendment Order 2021 all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with the approved vaccines.
Applications close: Sunday, 12 June 2022.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.