Casual Worker Opportunities at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Auckland, Rotorua, Palmerston North, Wellington, and Dunedin Opportunities
- Talent pooling for future opportunities
- Some immediate starts
Be a part of the team that are helping ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Tamariki in our care.
About the role | mō te tūnga
We are regularly looking for casual workers for roles within our residences and group homes in Auckland, Rotorua, Palmerston North, Wellington, and Dunedin. In these roles you will:
- Coach rangatahi through our structured day
- Participate in physical activity with our young people by playing sports and taking part in gym activities
- Support our rangatahi by helping them with their studies, teaching them life skills such as: cooking, art, music, and cultural programmes
- Mentor young people to make positive life choices
- Build rapport with rangatahi
About you | Mōu
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate the following:
- A full, clean New Zealand Driver's Licence
- Meet the Children's Act safety checking and our vetting requirements
- A valid visa - New Zealand residency or citizenship
- Be a strong team player and positive role model
- Empathy, patience, and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Demonstrate initiative and sound judgement, with an ability to 'think on your feet'
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
What we offer | tāu e tuku nei
- Hourly rate of $22.75 + holiday pay
- Thorough induction programme
- On-going training in areas such as health and safety and behavioural management techniques
As a casual worker you may be called upon to work a shift during the period Monday to Sunday, from 6.30am to 11.00pm. On some occasions we may ask you to work outside of these hours. You may be asked to work more than one day in a row. Because our casual pool provides support when relief is required you may be called upon at short notice. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.