Midwife Specialist - Te Manawa o Hine Team at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Te Ao Māori focus - Empower our māmā, and whānau
- Be fully supported by a leadership team that values you as a taonga and mana wāhine
- Join us on our haerenga in creating a better future with amazing mana wāhine doing extraordinary mahi
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About our Team
Being part of Te Manawa o Hine, we are more than just colleagues; we are like whānau – We are a by Māori for Māori midwifery service that embrace Te Ao Māori - together we are working hard to build a better future, by working in partnership, advocating to help empower our mana wāhine, and whānau to navigate through the most precious moments in preparing for pēpi arrival
You can truly be yourself with us, feel grounded, belong – we will awhi and look after you, so you can support our wāhine, whānau and our wider hapori, making every moment count and every moment matter.
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari he toa takitini | The effort of a team’s success acknowledges the contribution and support of others.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We aim to reduce inequities, eliminating barriers to engagement, by enabling whānau Tino Rangatiratanga, Ōritetanga and Mana Motuhake as a true commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
As a Maori Midwife Specialist you will be providing support and expert resource for LMC midwives from around the country. This role will see you partnering with Maori & Pacifica women with complex social and medical needs and providing clinical advice and care during their pregnancy and postpartum period. Your clinical skills will further develop as an autonomous practitioner demonstrating your expert knowledge in the antenatal and postnatal care of medically complex women and babies.
This is your chance to make a difference alongside our passionate team by working in partnership with the multidisciplinary team to optimise the woman’s wellbeing within the hospital and community settings.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following:
- Minimum 4 years post graduate experience
- Previous or on-going relevant post graduate education and community midwifery experience is desired
- The capability and emotional maturity to understand & support women and her whanau through a complex birth journey
- Familiarity with computer programs used in Maternal Medicine service
- Understanding the framework of Turanga Kaupapa and organisational policies to improve opportunities for Maori
We are open to having a kōrero and flexible around working arrangements. If interested, please contact Annmarie Taiapa-Johnson - Kaiwhakahaere / Charge Midwife on 021941539 or 0800866446 or email AnnmarieT@adhb.govt.nz.
He aha ō painga ki tēnei mahi | Why you will enjoy working here
In return for your contribution, you will join our rōpu that values the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences that we all uniquely bring and are an advocate for supporting hauora | well-being. In addition:
- Full support for your career growth and progression inclusive of attending Ngā Manukura o Āpopo and /or post graduate education.
- Professional ongoing development and training including any equipment and expense you will need to do your mahi
- Kāhui Hononga Rōpu - Wider Māori Kaimahi network and support
- Access to Te Reo Māori class
- Relocation support to move to Tāmaki Makaurau
- A flexible approach to support your work-life balance
- Employee Assistance Programme - Confidential support year-round
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Apply below or visit our website http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ using job reference number AUC14051. Attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter:
If you need help with online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.