Social Worker, Womens Health and Paediatric at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Full-time and Part-time Permanent Social Worker roles - up to 80 hours per fortnight (1.0 FTE) roles
About the role:
Exciting opportunities for qualified practitioners to join the social work team, and undertake full-time or part-time (up to 1.0 FTE) permanent roles at Waikato Hospital.
These position will be based within the following services i.e.
• Women’s Health and Paediatric
(part-time weekend role; 0.7 FTE, Sat, Sun, Mon and alternate Fri)
• Emergency Department (ED)
(part-time weekday and/or weekend role; AM & PM shifts; up to 0.8 FTE, and/or a 6-months fixed-term 1.0 FTE role)
• Regional Renal Centre
(part-time and/or full- time weekday role; 0.8 FTE (Tues to Friday) to 1.0 FTE)
• Medical Services
(full-time weekday role; Mon to Fri; 1.0 FTE)
While these part-time roles will be primarily based in the above service areas, however you may be required to work at other sites across the Waikato DHB.
Required skills & experience:
We welcome applications from qualified social workers who are registered with the Social Workers Registration Board of New Zealand and hold a current driver’s licence.
To apply you will need the following competencies:
• psycho-social assessment and intervention
• intimate partner violence screening, assessment and intervention
• child protection and vulnerable adult assessment and intervention
• individual and family counselling skills • therapeutic social work
• a commitment to bicultural practice
• knowledge of the emotional and social impacts of changing health status.
• experience in service development
• ability to navigate access to a wide variety of resources and support services
• case management skills
• For the Women’s Health and Paediatric role, this service includes work in the Termination of Pregnancy clinic.
• For the Regional Renal Centre role, this position will suit a practitioner with a strong interest in improving health outcomes for Māori and Pasifika.
• Future social work service delivery hours may be extended, therefore the successful applicant will need to be available for rostered on-call weekend work.
About the service:
Our Social Work team covers the Emergency Department, Critical Care, Medicine, Surgery, Women's Health, Paediatrics, Older Persons & Rehabilitation, Renal and Oncology. Although our team works within a range of health services in hospital and community-based settings throughout the Waikato district, they report professionally to a manager within our Allied Health Service.
A wide range of education, training and learning opportunities are offered to our allied health staff, for more information click here.
Waikato District Health Board
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. You can read about our vision, strategy and values here.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Learn about living in the mighty Waikato here
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
Please click here to view the position description
If you have a preference for a particular service area based on your experience and skillsets, you may wish to clearly indicate that on your application.
We will start considering applications as soon as they arrive, and encourage you to get your applications in quick.
For any queries about the role please contact Elysia Koretz in the Recruitment Team at Elysia.Koretz@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 31 May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.