Registered Nurse Renal at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Registered Nurse - Renal
Taranaki District Health Board, New Plymouth
Varied FTE available
12 month fixed term
- Do you have clinical experience in renal nursing?
- Want the opportunity to extend your medical knowledge and develop renal nursing skills
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the Role
We currently have positions in the renal unit available for Registered Nurses with a minimum 2 years post grad experience (preferably in renal) to work in Incentre Dialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Haemodialysis covering both acute and chronic haemodialysis.
The successful applicants must be prepared to work both 8hr and 12hr shifts to meet patient and unit needs.
The positions are initially for a 6-month fixed term with a possible option of becoming permanent as our patient numbers continue to grow.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and utilise skills in caring for dialysis patients in acute and chronic situations.
- Ensure optimum service delivery, and efficient and effective use of resources.
- Ensure effective and efficient patient care and customer service.
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population.
- Be part of a new state of the art Renal Unit being built on site at TDHB to accommodate the growing need within the region with a move in date of approx. September 2022
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Clinical experience in renal nursing, but this is not essential. There is an opportunity to extend your medical knowledge and develop renal nursing skills. However, you must have recent medical nursing experience.
- Be motivated and committed to making a difference through teamwork and cooperation and be passionate about providing the highest level of patient care.
- Within this role you will be providing holistic care for patients and their whānau living with long-term conditions and complex health needs.
- Your role will consist of managing patients to achieve optimal outcomes regarding their health
If you are interested in the position, please "Apply Online" from this page.
If you would like further information about this position, please contact Bronwen Te Whare (Clinical Nurse Manager Renal & Diabetes) on 06 753 7777 ext. 7971 via email Bronwen.TeWhare@tdhb.org.nz.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 3 July 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.