Equipment Assistant Emergency Department at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Emergency Department – Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent, Part-time – 0.6 FTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced health care worker to come and join the team in the Waikato Emergency Department as an Equipment Assistant
About the service:
The Waikato Emergency Department is the major regional referral and trauma centre for the Midland region. We see approximately 85,000 patients per year with a broad case-mix of presentations from paediatrics to geriatrics, medicine to trauma – there is no aspect of emergency medical care we do not provide.
To support the ED team with:
• ED facilities management/service
• Product research
• Interdepartmental liaison in relation to supplies and equipment
• Co-ordination with outside suppliers and procurement specialists.
• Co-ordination and liaisons with Property and Infrastructure, Bio medical services.
• ED equipment service, repair and lost/found equipment
• Provides stocks and store oversight
• Works within a budget constraint
• Set up of supply packs for ED staff
• Quality control test to meet regulation requirements.
• Cleaning of specialised medical equipment
Required skills & experience:
• Clear and professional communication
• Good computer skills and knoweldge
• Great team work skills
• The ability to prioritise tasks and work in a high pressure environment
• Waikato DHB equipment knowledge would be desirable
• An understanding of Emergency / critical care knowledge / equipment experience
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Amanda Bandhara in the Recruitment Team on amanda.Bandhara@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 25 May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.