Nēhi - Registered Nurse - Acute Medical Assessment Unit - Christchurch Hospital at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nēhi - Registered Nurse - Acute Medical Assessment Unit
Te Poari Hauora ō Waitaha - Canterbury District Health Board
- Permanent part time opportunities available
- Recent acute medical experience is preferred
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
Kia hiwa rā!
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
Based in the Waipapa building, the Medical
Assessment Unit (AMAU) is a 36 bed unit caring for a wide variety of acutely
unwell patients. We are a well-established collaborative team and provide
support to our new staff to thrive in this fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing quality care to a wide range of patients presenting to AMAU with acute medical conditions
- Liaising with family/whanau and members of the multidisciplinary team to coordinate patient care
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
Your skills will include:
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Recent acute medical experience is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work cohesively in a multidisciplinary team
- Sound assessment and decision-making skills
- Work calmly under pressure
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work on a rotating roster
hua - Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Mō mātou - About us
Te Poari Hauora o Waitaha (Canterbury District Health
Board) is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health
care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing
"the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in
the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost
600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people to the Canterbury DHB. There has been no better time to join us, it's all happening here.
Tono ināianei -
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Keene - Recruitment Specialist -
Position Ref: PC1560911
Kia mau te wehi!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.