Occupational Therapist ( Allied Health, Part Time ) at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you have an interest and passion for working in an acute care environment?
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the wider service and facilitate patient safety and flow
- Join a our friendly supportive team
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist with an interest and passion for working in the fast paced acute care environment covering General Medicine and Surgical wards. This is permanent, part-time position (24 hours/week) based at Auckland City Hospital. This role forms part of the acute hospital Occupational Therapy team:
- Our occupational therapy service provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to our patients in various clinical specialities across the hospital
- Collaborate with patients and the multidisciplinary team providing specialist occupational therapy assessment and interventions
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- Work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective services
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will join an excellent team of Allied Health practitioners to gain skills and competency in occupation-centred assessment and complex discharge planning:
- Have or be eligible for NZ registration as an Occupational Therapist
- 18+ months post qualification experience in an inpatient setting
- Proven experience working in acute care is highly desirable
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active / can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
Here is a video that will give you an insight into this role
For more information about this role please contact Natalie Muthoo (Clinical Lead Occupational Therapy) on firstname.lastname@example.org
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Thursday, 26th May at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB13345 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.