Health Care Assistants at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital, Surgical and Anaesthesia Directorate
The details: Permanent part-time and full-time positions available
Are you passionate about working in the health sector and would enjoy a variety of clinical inpatient areas and patients to care for?
About the service:
The Surgical and Anaesthesia Directorate provides an opportunity to work across a number of clinical settings such as surgical, orthopaedics, cardiovascular, theatre and critical care areas.
About the role:
Working under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse you will be deployed to work in a variety of clinical areas within the Directorate:
• Assisting the registered nurses in patient care
• Assisting patients with personal cares and activities of daily living
• Providing a clean, safe and tidy environment for patients and staff
• Maintaining stock levels distributing supplies, linen, equipment throughout the ward as required
• You will be expected to work a variety of shifts; AM, PM and night shifts.
• You will be provided with a comprehensive orientation programme and supportive staff development opportunities
Required skills & experience:
• Previous experience working in a health care setting in New Zealand is desirable but not essential! We are committed to training and supporting new staff.
• Demonstrate you can work in a customer service team and relate well to people
• Current New Zealand work permit
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Click here to see the Position Description. Please apply directly online, applications are not accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role please contact email@example.com
Application closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.