Social Worker / Kaimahi Toko I te Ora (CAMHS) at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Hutt Valley
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: As per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Hutt South Team CMHAS have vacancies for a motivated and enthusiastic Social Worker to join our integrated multi-disciplinary team. We offer an exciting work environment and provide the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings and support your on-going professional development.
You will be expected to undertake comprehensive assessments and risk management plans, functional assessments, formulate and articulate treatment needs and plans; provide individual/group counselling pertaining to specific your professional health discipline, case manage and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their whanau.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
You will be working with an experienced team who strive to provide high quality care to tangata whaiora family/whanau that may require access to mental health and addiction services.
Moū - About you
If you have the following attributes we are looking for you:
- Ability to work autonomously and within the wider Multidisciplinary Team (MDT)
- Committed to working within the Treaty of Waitangi principles framework
- Practicing in a manner that tangata whaiora/consumers/whanau determine as being culturally safe
- Working effectively with the tangata whaiora/consumers/whanau in community environment
- Good written and verbal communicating skills - able to communicate with a wide range of people
- These are a fulltime permanent positions
- Provide high quality psycho-social and occupational therapy input through assessment, treatment planning and reviews
- Have recovery focus of tangata whaiora/consumers/family
- Coordinate intensive intervention in a care management for tangata whaiora in crisis when appropriate
- Undertake comprehensive psychiatric assessments
- Formulate and develop risk management plans articulating treatment needs
- Case management and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their families/whanau.
- Liaison with other health providers and MHAIDS teams, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care and treatments for service users.
- Daily clinical documentation of all activities/therapies including tangata whaiora and whanau contacts
- Enter data daily
- Participates in and contributes to service planning and development quality projects
- Undertake Duty calls and responses as allocated by Clinical coordinator
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate team approach and commitment to providing person / family centered care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health
- Undertake talking therapy with tangata whaiora individually or in group setting
- Skilled and competent with computer programmes
- Liaise and consult with clients and their whanau - supporting them with social health related issues
- Undertake client functional assessment as requested or agreed by MDT
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH078-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.