Intake & Assessment Clinician at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Positions available in our central Wellington teams in Newtown
Service: Adult Community Mental Health and Addiction
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Adult Community Mental Health and Addiction service provides a range of community based services, clinics, home visits to groups of people with moderate to severe mental illness. The service is multi-disciplinary and includes staff such as psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, cultural therapists, kaumatua, kaiawhina and consumer advisors.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Intake and Assessment Clinician-s role helps support facilitating access to mental health services in partnership with the people we support within the community.
Key priorities of the role include:
- Triaging non-urgent referrals from a variety of sources in the community.
- Undertake face to face initial assessments.
- Recognise that culturally safe practices are paramount, and liaise with relevant services to ensure people receive safe, high quality and equitable care.
- Assess and escalate any crisis/urgent referrals to the appropriate crisis mental health and addiction services
- Works collaboratively alongside the community mental health teams and local service providers to access the most appropriate service/support for the person based on their requirements.
- Liaise with referrers, including local GP-s and community networks/NGO providers in the region to ensure people get appropriate, timely and person centred-care and feed back to them if there are any issues regarding quality of referrals
Moū - About you
- An experienced registered mental health professional (allied health or nursing) with at least 5 years of recent work experience in a DHB mental health service
- An up to date annual practicing certificate
- Experience in mental health triage and risk assessment
- Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity Health Organisations, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.