Optometrist (Part Time, Fixed Term) Ophthalmology, CM Health at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part Time (0.7FTE)
Fixed Term until May 2023
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
- Commitment to your professional development
- Highly supportive and learning team environment
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Optometrist to join our busy outpatient department in South Auckland.
Counties Manukau Health is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health care delivery within the New Zealand Public Health Sector. Our 7000+ staff serve the people of South and East Auckland and are one of the largest providers of paediatric and adult primary, secondary and tertiary health care in Australasia.
This opportunity is for an Optometrist with a real passion for eye care. We are looking for a highly motivated team member who is able to work well in a busy challenging environment; within a culturally diverse environment and have sound IT, administrative and time management skills.
In return you will have a unique opportunity to expand and develop your skills and knowledge to work with some of the latest technology in a friendly and very supportive team of professionals.
To be considered for this role, experience in general or paediatric or diabetic/retinal optometry would be vital.
You will work closely with our patients, their whaanau, ophthalmologists, optometrists, ophthalmic technicians, nurses and the Diabetic Retinal Screening Service, as well as working independently, focussed care for the patient and their family in line with the vision and values of CM Health.
- New Zealand recognised Optometry Qualification with a therapeutic qualification
- Registration with ODOB and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Membership with the relevant professional body
- At least three years post registration experience
- Experience in general or paediatric or diabetic/retinal optometry
What's in it for you?
- Work at the largest organisation in South Auckland
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment across CM Health
- Pro rata refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- Onsite professional development sessions.
- Generous study allowance on top of mandatory training
- Onsite learning centre with regular training provided by overseas allied health experts
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please note - Auckland has a regional strategy to provide Ophthalmology services in conjunction with Auckland and Waitemata DHBs, and as part of providing this service the successful candidate may also be required to work at sites other than CM Health, including Greenlane Clinical Centre and/or Waitemata Hospital.
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com.
If you have any questions please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or email@example.com.
Applications Close: 31 May 2022
Job Number: CMH06917
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.