Social Worker / Kaimahi Toko I te Ora (Rangatahi Inpatient Service) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko me Te Karu o Te Ika
Location: Regional Rangatahi Inpatient Service
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Salary: Dependent on experience as per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary Team at the Regional Rangatahi inpatient Service (RRAIS). The Rangatahi Unit is a 12 bedded mental health acute unit, that provides a Therapeutic Day Programme for Inpatient and it is designed to meet the needs of the Rangatahi experiencing an acute episode of mental illness.
The young person will be requiring intensive treatment, investigation or observation (24 hours per day) that cannot safely or adequately be provided in a community setting.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
We are a dynamic and enthusiastic team with a passion in providing a service for adolescents aged between 13 to 18 years of age who have a serious mental health disorder (as defined in the DSM 1V).
Our service is a bicultural service based on kaupapa Maori framework and mainstream clinical models. Our service is Whanau focused and relevant Whanau will be included in all aspects of treatment where appropriate.
Moū - About you
- This position is a clinical role and will assist Rangatahi and their whanau to achieve optimal health, well-being and safety through provision of appropriate assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and education.
- This position is vital to the running of the RRAIS as the key focus of the role is working in collaboration with Rangatahi and their Whanau, to strengthen networks within the community.
- You will work closely with community agencies to achieve the outcomes agreed by the multidisciplinary team process.
- You will have a key role in working with whanau.
- You will be able to link into the therapeutic day programme and provide interventions as required.
Skills & Experience
- This role is open to a registered Social Worker, who have skills and expertise in working with adolescents and their families, bi-cultural and multi-cultural work practices, multi-disciplinary team working, and community liaison.
- The ideal applicant will have experience in the child and adolescent mental health sector and a proven ability of working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have an excellent understanding of family systems and passion for working with whanau.
- You will hold a relevant qualification and be registered with the relevant professional registration body, and have an up-to-date annual practicing certificate.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH086-22) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.