Older persons Mental Health Consultant/ GP - Permanent at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Marlborough Community
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough invites applications from a broad range of Medical Practitioner/Specialist with special interest and experience in Older Persons to join Mental Health Services
- Permanent part-time 0.4FTE (32 hours a fortnight)
- Be part of specialist team
- Marlborough Community, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve the mental health of the older adult population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the Older Persons mental health roster, 2 days a week with no on-call requirement.
- Have an opportunity to engage with the wider clinical community and work in partnership with General Practitioners, other clinical teams, and community carers and supports.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand - s most sought after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring your expertise to acute care and contribute to advanced mental health care of the elderly in the Marlborough Community.
- Be passionate, patient, and considerate when assessing and treating patients including providing community based assessment and treatment, time limited case management, and liaison services.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrist/General Practice or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Psychiatry/General Practice with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Link
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. With excellent schools and great lifestyle, Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect within close proximity.
Marlborough provides ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests, especially the view of connected vineyards stretching all the way to the horizon. These magnificent features make Marlborough truly unique.
The region offers endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports, and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, award-winning wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
For role specific
information please contact:
Dr Craig Fenwick - Clinical Director, Craig.Fenwick@nmdhb.govt.nz
Christine Ball - Nurse Manager, Christine.Ball@nmdhb.govt.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Please note: In line with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Amendment Order 2021 all Te Whatu Ora staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with the approved vaccines.
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.