Lead Maternity Carer Aoraki Midwives at South Canterbury District Health Board (Timaru), Primary and Community Services
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
This fantastic unique opportunity will enable you to work as a LMC without the hassle of the business side but with the benefits and security of being a salaried employee. You will be part of team of passionate and committed midwives who take pride in making a difference and support each other.
You will know exactly when you are going to have time off and so will be able to enjoy a more relaxed pace of life that allows for a healthy work-life balance. A working typical day will be spent providing antenatal and postnatal care to women in Timaru and surrounds and being present for births.
Our great package includes:
- Competitive salary paid fortnightly that matches the caseload salaries in the current MERAS Collective Agreement (approximately $105,000)
- Two self-rostered days off each week and -off- means -phones off- (you cover each other when on days off or on leave)
- Capped caseload of 40-45 women per annum (4-5 women each per month) if full time and pro-rated if less than full time
- Benefits such as paid annual leave, sick leave, paid lieu dyas professional development leave and Kiwi Saver contributions
- All work-related equipment including laptop, iPad, phone, MMPO electronic notes etc
- Shared work vehicles for visiting women
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Practice Manager who takes care of all the business and administrative side
- Negotiable start date.
If this sounds like your dream job and you have the following attributes, we would love to speak with you:
- Committed to women centred continuity of care from early pregnancy through to six weeks after baby is born, including labour and birth secondary care
- Willing to learn and or demonstrate understanding of and responsibilities under the principles of the te Tiriti o Waitangi-Treaty of Waitangi
- Self-motivated, demonstrate professional standards of practice, able to work well in a team environment and manage your own caseload.
- A registered midwife currently holding full registration (ideally with no restrictions or endorsements on your practice) or will be eligible for full registration with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand.
If we have piqued your interest and you are a little bit curious about what is on offer, then please call/contact me to have an informal chat - Ann Shaw, Practice Manager on 03 6879063 or 022 0325190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
close: 31 May 2022
This job advert may close early once a suitable candidate is found
As part of our duty of care towards our patients, it is crucial that all patient-facing staff be fully immunised. If you have made it to the later stages of recruitment, you will be expected to produce your immunisation records for infection control purposes.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||South Canterbury District Health Board (Timaru)|
|Location:||Primary and Community Services|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.