Senior Social Worker - Cancer Support at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your experience as a Senior Social Worker to our innovative and compassionate team!
- Opportunity to provide integrated psychosocial services to cancer patients and their families
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Senior Social Worker with proven clinical competence to join our Cancer Support: Psychology and Social Work team. Working in a full-time position (40 hours/week). Based at Auckland City Hospital, predominantly outpatient based. As part of the Adult Allied Health team your role will include:
- Provide comprehensive assessment and outcome focused innovative care, applying evidence-based practice, interventions and education within the area of speciality
- Apply rigorous psycho-social assessment skills and use your ability to think critically and develop patient centred interventions
- This role is primarily clinical and includes a leadership/management component for less experienced staff
- Apply best practice skills in addressing the needs of people with cancer
- Working from a trauma-informed, relationship-based practice approach you will have the opportunity to sensitively assess a broad range of complex social situations and foster positive engagement with people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds
- Manage projects aligned with improving patient services specific to the holistic care of patients with cancer
- Providing client / family / whānau centred care within an interdisciplinary team setting
The team works across many ADHB specialities and in collaboration with the Northern Region DHB’s. We work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, cancer NGO’s and initiative staff across the region and the country.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We welcome your passion for helping to create a safe space for tangata whenua and tauiwi within the patient health context. As the ideal candidate for this role you have the following skills and attributes:
- Evidence of current registration with the New Zealand Social Workers’ Registration Board and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Excellent psycho-social assessment and intervention skills
- Proven experience in health social work, grief and loss, vulnerable adults, child protection and family violence intervention
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Full clean New Zealand Drivers’ licence
- Able to navigate complex dynamics as you hold the needs and best interests of the patient and whānau in view
- Strong cultural knowledge; capacity to work effectively in a bicultural hospital environment
For more information about this role please contact Jenny Allison (Regional Lead Psychologist | Cancer Support Team) on 021 701 359 or email@example.com
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
You will be provided with regular supervision and continuing professional development to enhance your capacity to engage in effective social work practice. You will receive routine and regular support from your Practice Supervisor, Clinical Leader, Professional Leader as well as the Regional lead Psychologist.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Thursday, 2 June 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the role and to the competencies listed in the position description.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB13548 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.