Paediatric Senior House Officer position at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
- Permanent Paediatric Senior House Officer positions
- Starting August 2022
- Allocations available in Wellington Regional Hospital
Please note that the Paediatric Senior House Officer (SHO) positions within the Wellington Region rotate across Wellington General Paediatrics, Hutt Hospital General Paediatrics and the Wellington Hospital NICU. These SHO positions do not rotate to other specialties.
If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover letter.
We are ideally looking for someone to start in June 2022. However, there may be some flexibility around starting date which could be discussed with the potential applicants.
RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to either the Specialty Trainees of New Zealand (SToNZ) or Resident Doctors- Association (RDA) Multi-Employer Collective Agreements.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Join our fellow 615 Resident Medical Officers employed by the 3 District Health Boards of the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHB-s) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
Together the Hutt Valley and Wellington Paediatric services offer:
- Friendly approachable senior staff
- The ability to rotate between a 'tertiary' and 'regional' hospital
- A great team atmosphere
- A variety of runs e.g. endocrinology, general paediatrics, MOH, developmental etc.
- The opportunity to work in a great city
Educational opportunities in Paediatrics include:
- The Child Health Service provides teaching and learning opportunities including regular tutorials, Journal Club and Grand Rounds.
- These positions are fully accredited for paediatric Basic Training for FRACP, and successful applicants with general registration are encouraged to register as Basic Trainees with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
Our Hospitals and Services
CCDHB - Wellington Regional and Kenepuru Hospitals
Wellington Children-s Hospital provides general paediatric care for children in Wellington, Porirua and the Kāpiti Coast and also provides regional tertiary paediatric surgery, paediatric oncology, developmental paediatrics and child psychiatry. The Neonatal ICU is a new state-of-the-art facility within the Wellington Regional Hospital and provides Level 3 care for a regional population of over one million.
HVDHB - Hutt Valley Hospital
Is a busy 260-bed facility covering both Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt. The hospital serves a population of 145,000. We have a world-renowned plastic and burns unit, regional rheumatology and public health services, and all our specialties have a strong focus on excellence and innovation.
Hutt hospital is a busy regional hospital which provides great general paediatrics experience as well as Level 2 neonatal care. It is a tertiary referral centre for rheumatology and plastic surgery, with local and visiting speciality clinics in paediatric diabetes, adolescent medicine, cystic fibrosis and renal.
Moū - About you
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3/F3 or above by the role commencement date
- Previous experience in Paediatrics at House Officer or SHO level is highly recommended
- You must have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/ or http://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Please note - important information for overseas graduates who are applying: The MCNZ has introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates- Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG-s EPIC) service. if you are successful in obtaining a role in New Zealand, you will be required to have your primary medical degree verified through EPIC. Before MCNZ will start processing your application, you must have had your documents verified by EPIC. If you have would like more information about primary-source verification, please see MCNZs website or EPIC-s FAQ webpage.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 3DHBs (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 3DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email RES-RMORecruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
3DHB requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.