Clinical Psychologist (Full Time & Part Time Roles) Regional Dual Disability Service, CM Health at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full Time (1FTE) & Part Time (0.5FTE) Role
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
- Commitment to your professional development (generous continuing professional development funding)
- Highly supportive and learning team environment
Are you passionate about working with people with an intellectual disability or autism and their families/whanau and liaising with professionals and organisations? Do you want the opportunity to work with a diverse population?
Counties Manukau District Health Board (CMDHB) is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery, working with New Zealand’s most culturally diverse populations.
The Regional Dual Disability Service (RDDS) is seeking to appoint an experienced clinical psychologist to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals, based in Otahuhu, South Auckland.
RDDS is a regional specialist team, covering the four northern region DHBs. We offer a service of assessment, intervention, and consultation for adult clients with both a psychiatric disorder and intellectual disability and commonly have complex needs. We currently have 6 clinicians including a consultant psychologist.
We are looking for a registered psychologist (Clinical Scope of Practice) with an interest in working with this population. You will be part of a strong group of CMDHB psychologists providing services in a wide range of settings.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your specialist skills and further develop your clinical expertise. Previous experience with mental health and / or intellectual disability services and a good working knowledge of effective clinical interventions (including providing education and support to external services), would be an advantage. There is potential to become involved in service development initiatives.
- New Zealand Registration with Current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Full current driver’s licence
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work cross culturally
- Previous experience with mental health or intellectual disability services
- Good working knowledge of effective clinical interventions (including providing education and support to external services)
What's in it for you?
- Work at the largest organisation in South Auckland
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment across CM Health
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers
- Annual practicing certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Now”.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 03 July 2022
Job Number: CMH06930
Our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our patients and our people. We have strict Health & Safety measures to keep our people safe. All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.