Kitchen Assistant at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent full-time and part-time positions available
• have a passion for providing great customer service?
• want be a part of a dynamic team delivering awesome service to our patients.
Come and work for Nutrition & Food services at Waikato DHB, we offer
• consistent hours and fixed rosters
• training in food safety and barista skills
• progressive pay increases annually
• penal rates at the weekend and public holidays
• great employee benefits (discounts with many Hamilton businesses)
• NZQA qualifications (after qualifying period)
You must have
• high standard of personal presentation
• excellent fitness as the work is physically demanding with tight deadlines
• strong work ethic and an excellent attendance record
• empathy and outstanding communication skills
• Food safety qualifications
• Customer service experience
• Attention to detail and numerical skills
The positions available are
• Day trayline & wards 6.30am – 3pm. part time & full time
• Evening trayline & wards 4.30 – 8.00pm, five days per week
• Café’s part time hours between 6am & 8.30pm, minimum 24 hours per week
The positions are long term (you must be available to work all year) and may require working weekends.
Applicants for these positions must have NZ residency.
We would welcome your application once you have read the position description, and can confidently say that you meet all the criteria outlined.
Please indicate hours & days you are available in your application
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Lauren Hoskins in the Recruitment Team on Lauren.Hoskins@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 26th May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.