Strategic People Partner at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Strategic People Partner
- Influence Senior Leaders for People initiatives
- Contribute to the wellness and wellbeing of our people
- Be involved in a collaborative, proactive team
We have some of the most exciting and rewarding HR/People lead projects on at the moment and we would love you to be the one to enable this kaupapa through expertise and delivery! If you enjoy building high-trust relationships and playing a key part in delivering key objectives with people at the centre, then this is for you!
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our People & Capability team covers a wide range of functions, focused on supporting our people to keep our communities safe and change lives. We have recently implemented a renewed structure across the People team, and we are ready to recruit YOU to support in delivering our organisational strategy – Hōkai Rangi.
As our Strategic People Partner, you will provide trusted and credible advice to enable delivery on projects related to HR and people. This is a significant role, reporting directly to the newly appointed Manager – Strategic People Partnering, where you will demonstrate strong knowledge of organisational people needs, HR, and industry trends that will be crucial to success. You will build high-trust relationships and continue to have extensive engagement with Senior Leaders, ensuring you understand their strategic objectives.
Some of the role accountabilities include:
- Work as a member of DCE's leadership teams to enable effective and timely people solutions.
- Act as a trusted and credible partner to a range of stakeholders as required, through provision of robust and effective advice pertaining to all people matters.
- Proactively identify emerging issues, opportunities, or trends to inform the development of fit for purpose HR services and products.
- Lead and influence strategies and solutions which support the current and future direction of business groups.
- Run clinics and provide coaching for leaders to build their HR knowledge and capability.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Extensive experience as a HR professional.
- Demonstrated strong technical expertise along with the ability to assess complex HR issues and consider options, risks, benefits, mitigation strategies, and make informed recommendations.
- Ability to translate strategic plans into operational activities.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring of others.
- An understanding (or an openness to developing an understanding) of the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to the work of government departments.
- Strong level of cultural capability and awareness, able to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- A tertiary qualification in HR or a related field, or significant relevant experience.
Some ad-hoc travel may be required from time to time.
The full salary band for this position is $114,942 - $162,270. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications for this role will remain open and we will reach out to suitable candidates as applications come in – apply today!
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
All employees of Ara Poutama Aotearoa are required to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. As this role works within our National Office/Regional Office (to be updated according to the role) you will need to be fully-vaccinated by April 28 2022. In addition, you will be required to have had a booster vaccine within six months of receiving your second dose. Due to the ease of transmission, the Vaccination Order supports the safety and wellbeing of our people and those we work with.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Strategic People Partner JD.pdf (PDF, 305KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.