Public Health Medicine Specialist at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are passionately committed to supporting the health and wellness of New Zealand, providing the best care and advice to our communities. The Hawkes Bay District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. The Hawke’s Bay District Heath Board has an excellent opportunity for a specialist who is looking for a new and exciting challenge in their Public Health Medicine career.
In Hawkes Bay, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s wonderful weather, amazing coastline, great wine & food scene and cultural/sporting events calendar all make it a great place to live and work.
About the Role
You will be working in a centre of excellence for NZ Public Health practice that provides both professional challenges and a highly collegial work environment. You will be passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of our people and about eliminating health inequities experienced by disadvantaged groups within our community. In particular, responsibilities will include –
- Assisting in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of public health services and programmes for Hawke’s Bay and the Central Region in the portfolio area of communicable disease and other portfolio areas to be agreed.
- Providing medical guidance for all communicable disease work by field staff, quality control and updating of relevant policy/protocol/procedures/resources.
- Providing medical advice and leadership for submissions to partner agencies on policies and guidelines .e.g. Ministry of Health reviews, pandemic planning, local government plans.
- Providing training for health professionals and students.
- Medical oversight for investigation of complaints, incidents and accidents related to Public Health Unit communicable disease work
- Contributing to the strategic agenda for the Directorate and for the Central Region of the National Public Health Service by reviewing national and local strategic documents to inform the organisation regarding future development and operational implementation.
- Ensuring te tiriti o Waitangi and other aspirations of Māori living in Hawke’s Bay are at the forefront of decision making.
In addition leading by example to champion and drive equitable health outcomes, to be successful in this role, you’ll need –
- An ability to think strategically being conscious of the ‘big picture’ both globally and locally. You will have a sound appreciation of current and future directions for Public Health and be able to apply this to the Hawke’s Bay context.
- An ability to adapt quickly to new environments
- To work effectively as both team member and leader
- An ability to investigate and manage communicable disease outbreaks and to assess and manage environmental health incidents is essential
- An ability to provide leadership and influence in evaluating and developing health improvement programmes and public health services.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, including the ability to apply them to the area of community consultation and liaison.
- An ability to build relationships and work effectively with Tangata Whenua (first nation people) and other minority communities.
offers a collaborative and progressive workplace environment, a competitive remuneration and benefits package (including relocation support) and flexible working arrangements.
This is a permanent fulltime position; however, part time hours will also be considered. This is a Monday – Friday position with “on call” after hours commitment currently every 3rd week for responding to public health emergencies. Once established the Central Region of the National Public Health Service may establish regional on call rosters.
Applications for the above position are invited from Registered Specialists in Public Health Medicine or eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Applications may also be considered from Medical Practitioners with an interest in public health and epidemiology or final year Public Health Medicine Registrars looking for experience in a supportive Public Health Unit.
To view the position profile, click HERE, for initial confidential enquiries, please contact Adam Caccioppoli at Baker Tilly at who is supporting Hawke's Bay DHB with this recruitment.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please do so via the appropriate links;
For applicants within NZ - https://www.seek.co.nz/job/56348469
For applicants Sydney, Australia - https://www.seek.co.nz/job/56348523
For applicants within Melbourne, Australia - https://www.seek.co.nz/job/56348552
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.