House Officer - General Relief at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- House Officer - General Relief
- Fixed-term House PGY2+
- 17 Oct 2022 to 15 January 2023
- Wairarapa Hospital in Masterton
The Wellington Region RMO positions are across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa Hospitals. If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover letter.
RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to the RDA MECA or STONZ MECA
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who have completed at least one full year of work and are therefore considered PGY2+, or are due to complete PGY1 by the role commencement date.
- You must have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/ or http://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
What-s in it for me?
- Home to the NZ Government, Wellington is a vibrant place to live and work and has repeatedly been voted as New Zealand-s top lifestyle city. Wellington is considered cultural and creative hub of the country and hosts numerous cultural events as well as live theatre, music and festivals. We are renowned for our caf culture, nightlife, fantastic restaurants, sparkling harbour, surf spots, amazing views, outdoor activities and close proximity to vineyards ensuring you are never short of activities to do outside of working hours. For more information about living in Wellington, visit the Discover Wellington website
- You will love working with us as you will have the opportunity to rotate across our three Regional DHBs and includes the possibility of Rural attachments without having to leave the region
- As we are a large employer and include a tertiary hospital, there are vast career progression opportunities available due to the high number of Registrar positions and wide range of specialties across the region. We also ensure that formal and informal teaching sessions are available to all of our RMO-s
- We allow and support opportunities for advancement with many of our House Officers progressing to our competitive Registrar positions across the region.
- We offer weekly teaching sessions on diverse topics to support your on-going medical education.
- Our rotational agreement with Hutt Valley and Masterton will see you serve a diverse population and allow you to gain experience and exposure to a large variety of cases in other hospitals.
Our Hospitals and Services
Join our fellow 535 Resident Medical Officers employed by the 3 District Health Boards of the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHB-s) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
Hutt Valley Hospital is a level 2 Hospital is situated just 15 minutes- drive from downtown Wellington, employs approximately 1500 staff and currently has around 270 beds with plans to increase this further. We provide care for Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt cities and services an ethnically diverse population of 139,000 people.
Hutt Hospital provides specialist regional services in plastic and maxillofacial surgery for the Wellington Region. The surgical allocation is split between 27 general surgical and gynaecology beds, 22 orthopaedic and 27 plastic surgery beds.
WELLINGTON & KENEPURU HOSPITAL
Hospital is a large tertiary referral teaching hospital, located in Wellington
city. Medical registrars are based in Wellington with rotations through
Kenepuru Hospital (a level 1 hospital, 20 minutes north of Wellington)
Wairarapa Hospital in Masterton is a busy rural hospital
with up to 92 beds, covering all aspects of secondary health care. Wairarapa
Hospital provides 24-hour acute/emergency services covering medical, surgical,
obstetric, paediatric, assessment and rehabilitation for young and older
adults, high dependency care and mental health.
How to apply?
If you wish to express your interest and you meet the criteria above, then please click the 'Apply Now' button below
Upon application you will need to provide:
- Electronic copies of your CV and cover letter. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- A copy of Photo identification (passport or Drivers Licence)
- Copies of three references on the Medical Council RP6 Form. Your referees must be consultants who have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one must be from your current or most recent Supervisor of Training or Head of Department.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.