Clinical Midwife Manager at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you looking to develop your Clinical Leadership and Operational Management Skills?
- Do you have a passion for Midwifery and want a role to support change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
- Do you want to live in a family friendly region which offers fantastic work life balance?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
This is a great opportunity for midwives already working at the top of their scope. The successful candidate will be well supported with a comprehensive orientation and induction programme. This position has strong working relationships with the Senior Midwifery and Nursing teams, Medical staff, Service and Operational Managers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the provision of high quality care.
- excellent problem solving and communication skills
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary team and be able to navigate challenging situations.
- advanced midwifery experience with proven leadership ability
- experience in change and financial management is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of quality improvement.
- New Zealand Midwifery Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate
- A relevant post graduate Qualification, Post Graduate Diploma desired.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate midwifery experience across midwifery scope of practice.
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins midwifery practice in New Zealand.
- Quality Improvement knowledge and the ability to lead quality projects.
- Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to bi-culturalism.
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
Click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in the position, please "Apply Online"
For further information about this position including the posibility of relocation support as well as our commitment to the Midwifery Recoginiton and Retention payments please contact Lydia Rae, Maternal and Child Health Manager on Email: email@example.com or 0272056286.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 12 June 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.