Speech-Language Therapist - (Full-Time) at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Rewarding opportunity to work across a range of specialist areas in a hospital setting
- We provide on-going professional development prospects
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for a New Zealand Registered Speech and Language Therapist to join our dedicated, supportive and friendly Adult Speech-Language Therapy team based at Auckland City Hospital. This is fixed term, full - time position (40 hours/week). Flexibility available on hours.
- Proactively work with a complex caseload delivering high quality evidence based clinical care in a high paced environment
- Assess and manage both communication and swallowing disorders due to a variety of conditions in an acute setting
- Develop your skills in the use of FEES, video fluoroscopy and tracheostomy management
- Implement delegated intervention plans for client care
- Collaborate with team members and other work groups to achieve our service objectives
- Work on developing positive working relationships with our clients / patients, whānau / family
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelors qualification in Speech Language Therapy or equivalent
- Registered member of the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapists’ Association (NZSTA) with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Experience working with the assessment and management of communication and swallowing impairments
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, flexibility, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Kendyl Armstrong (Speech–Language Therapy Clinical Lead) on Kendyla@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
The Speech-Language Therapy (SLT) team work across a range of specialist areas including stroke, oncology, haematology, neurosurgery, head & neck cancer, older people’s health, cardiovascular intensive care and critical care units. We work in a range of extended scope of practice areas including FEES, VFSS, and tracheostomy management.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Thursday, 14 July 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB13918 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.