Qualified Anaesthetic Technician / ODP at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Multiple permanent, full-time or part-time opportunities with one of the most experienced Anaesthetic teams in the region!
- An opportunity to grow and develop your skillset and work to the full scope of practice
- Registration with the New Zealand Medical Science Council with a current practicing certificate (or ability to obtain) is essential.
Our Anaesthetic Team is on the search for experienced Qualified Anaesthetic Technicians / ODP-s to join us in our mission of providing quality health care services to our tāngata whaiora. As an accredited training hospital with an acute hospital status, a career with us means you-ll be involved in the training of Anaesthetic Technicians and you will have the opportunity to work to the full scope of practice and be exposed to a wide variety of cases including acute and trauma.
in a caring and supportive team, this is a 24/7 service and so you will need to
have flexibility to work a full rotating roster across numerous sites including
Christchurch Hospital (Public, Women-s and Waipapa)and Burwood Hospital.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide professional, technical and clinical assistance to Anaesthetists;
- Provide safe administration of anaesthesia to patients;
- Anticipate problems and exceptional patient care;
- Co-ordinate documentation to ensure the patient receives effective care;
- Mentoring trainee Anaesthetic Technicians.
You must have:
- A recognised qualification within New Zealand or international equivalent;
- Registration with the Medical Sciences Council or eligibility to obtain;
- A minimum of 2 years- experience is preferable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Motivated to embrace challenges and change.
Please follow this link to find out more about the MSCNZ registration process for an overseas qualified Anaesthetic Technician: https://www.mscouncil.org.nz/
CDHB can provide the successful applicants with:
- Reimbursement of Registration with MSCNZ and APC fees
- Contribution towards relocation costs
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.-
We have an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB called Something for You. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners across fashion, finance, health, lifestyle and more. either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
We are committed to helping you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application.
To learn more or have an informal conversation about the role please email email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.