Nurse/Midwife Vaccinator (Full-Time, Fixed Term), Women's Health, CM Health at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Women’s Health Vaccinator – Integrated Immunisations Programme
12 Months Full Time Fixed Term Position (consideration will be given to suitable applicants who only wish to work part-time)
Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi
With your input and mine, wellness will thrive
At Counties Manukau Health we care about achieving health equity for our community. Our shared vision is to work in partnership with our community to improve the health status of all, with particular emphasis on Maaori whaanau, Pacific peoples and other communities with health disparities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse or Midwife authorised vaccinator with excellent communication skills and a passion for women’s health and health equity to support equitable access to maternal immunisations. The successful applicant will lead engagement with hapuu maamaa/pregnant people and whaanau to support informed decision making and direct access to maternal immunisations such as pertussis, MMR (non-pregnant), influenza, and COVID-19.
In this role you will:
- Actively promote information sharing and access to maternal vaccinations across all Counties Manukau Health birthing and antenatal clinic sites in a culturally conscious manner.
- Use a variety of opportunities for information sharing with hapuu maamaa/pregnant people, their whaanau, and colleagues about maternal and timely newborn immunisations.
- Actively support the priority populations to increase awareness of immunisations available across the life-course and be confident to address any concerns.
- Have an educational-motivational role with maternity staff, helping increase knowledge and proactivity amongst community midwives and LMC midwives for immunisations across the life-course.
- Be a clinical champion and point of contact for the maternity workforce in relation to immunisation matters and education.
- NZ Registered Nurse or NZ Registered Midwife who is an authorised vaccinator with up to date vaccination certificates and relevant first aid requirements (provisional vaccinators will not be considered)
- Current APC with no restrictions
- 3+ years clinical experience post registration
- Adult vaccination experience
- Maaori or Pacific RN/Midwife, who is an approved vaccinator
If you are an experienced vaccinator and wanting to be part of a collaborative and dynamic team, apply now!
Apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com or for more information please contact Fran Upoko in the Recruitment Centre on (09 )276 0044 ext 53449
Applications close: 19 May 2022
Job number: CMH20227791
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.