Physiotherapist - Rhoda Read at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Rehabilitation, Matariki and Rhoda Read Continuing Care Facilities
The details: Permanent, 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to come and join the Waikato District Health Board, working at Matariki, Te Awamutu and Rhoda Read, Morrinsville. Both these facilities are DHB Inpatient Continuing Care facility focussing on sub-acute care using a rehabilitation model based in the local communities to deliver care closer to home.
You will be joining our dedicated interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals. You will need to have excellent communication and time management skills, a passion for working with the elderly and enjoy working in a team environment.
You will also be part of the wider rural and community physiotherapy team of approximately 20 physiotherapy staff, covering Thames, Tokoroa, Te Kuiti and Taumarunui hospitals. As well as the community bases in Morrinsville, Cambridge, Ngaruawahia, Hamilton and Te Awamutu. The community team meets monthly with the manager and there are quarterly community focused forums to support networking across the team and professional development.
We are seeking staff with;
• NZ Physiotherapy Board registration and current APC for 2022/23
• At least 2 years relevant clinical experience
• A positive, flexible attitude
• A dynamic team player who would like to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as an autonomous practitioner
• Proven ability with prioritisation and time management
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including computer skills and experience of videoconferencing technology
• Interested in developing skills in a variety of settings and enjoy working with a diverse client group of all ages/or have diverse experience
• Current full drivers licence
As an organisation, we offer;
• Clinical training and professional development opportunities
• Regular supervision
• A dynamic clinical setting and supportive work environment
• Support and in-service training with the wider Allied Health service
• Ongoing opportunities to develop/extend existing skills and extend level of expertise.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Elysia Koretz in the Recruitment Team on Elysia.Koretz@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 25 May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.