Allied Health Assistant / Kaiāwhina Taurimatanga Hauora Kōtui (Inpatients - Kenepuru) at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Kenepuru Hospital
Service: Allied Health Inpatients - Kenepuru
Contract: Permanent, part time (32 hours per week)
Salary: $46,120 - $54,810 pro rata
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The person in this role works with patients and their whanau on the wards at Kenepuru Hospital. They facilitate ongoing recovery, provide education and other support activities under the delegation of an Allied Health practitioner.
- Activities of daily living practice, equipment provision etc. within inpatient wards
- Carrying out treatment programmes under the delegation of qualified allied health professionals
- Taking people home, if required
- Ordering, and ensuring people can use, equipment as prescribed by Allied Health professionals
- Developing rapport with patients to encourage their interests and participation in therapy
- Encouraging patients to be as independent as their condition allows
- Reinforcing activities that promote success in achieving daily living skills
- Documenting interventions with patients and feeding back any issues to Allied Health staff
- Supporting people with personal cares as required
- Encouraging recovery, and supporting client-s/whanau to feel confident in managing health cares
- Undertaking other administrative and team support tasks
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The successful applicant will join a team of around 30 Allied Health staff from 6 different professions. We work together closely to provide a service of high standard to patients and their families and whanau. We are a very supportive team who provide training and learning opportunities, encourage professional development and have fun and laughter along the way.
Moū - About you
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting working with older people - desirable
- Understands the impact of age, illness and disability on ability to achieve day to day living tasks
- Good understanding of the roles of Allied Health professions
- Good basic education - NCEA level 2 minimum - essential
- Holder of National Certificate in Community Support (level 3) Core Competencies or National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support (level 3) (Health Assistants - Rehabilitation Assistance or Health Assistance strand) or equivalent - desirable
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH134-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.