Wheelchair and Seating Therapist Rehab-Mobility Solutions at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- X3 positions available , permanent full time & part time (2.9 FTE)
- Opportunity to work within a diverse range of facilities across Auckland
- Opportunity for professional development and upskill
We currently have an opportunity available for you to join the Auckland DHB as a Wheelchair and Seating Therapist within the Adult Community and Long Term Condition service.
The Mobility Solutions team are a client focused, motivated and creative group of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, technicians and support staff who assist people of all ages and abilities to achieve their mobility and positioning goals.
What’s on Offer?
This community service is based at Pt Chevalier Clinical Centre at Auckland DHB and travel across the Auckland region to visit clients in their homes, schools and community. We encourage our staff to “aim high” and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development. Our welcoming and supportive team will give you the best start in our specialty and will assist you to grow and develop your clinical skills and knowledge.
With access to the latest equipment and technology and an onsite workshop for customisations to chairs and equipment, this role is hands on, practical and will challenge you to think creatively to develop tailor-made solutions.
- Comprehensive assessment of clients’ mobility and seating needs
- Set mobility goals with client and continually evaluate
- Recommend mobility and seating solutions
- Configure equipment to meet individual requirements
Skills and experience
- 2 + years post-grad OT/PT experience
- Previous experience in wheelchair and seating desired but not essential
- Credentialed or underway with the credentialing process for WMPML1 or WMPML2 desired
- Current NZ registration + APC
- Full, clean driving license
To find out more about this role and service, please contact Michelle Smith, Service Lead at MichelleSm@adhb.govt.nz
For questions about your application, contact Naufa Abdul Sattar, Recruitment Consultant at NaufaS@adhb.govt.nz and quote job reference ADHB14096.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.