Internal Communications Advisor at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
You'll work with a great bunch of people here at IR - we're a large, diverse organisation with offices around the country.
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. We do this by collecting and distributing money. We collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
We offer great flexibility, support and development opportunities that are unique to you and your aspirations. Being empowered to bring your whole self to work is really important to us at IR, we know it means you'll thrive with us.
Mō mātou | About us
Through the connections we make, and the stories we tell, we reflect the culture and behaviours that make us IR. We focus on helping people engage in their work by bringing to life IR's activities, purpose, culture, vision and organisational priorities.
In the Internal Communications team, our work influences a great work culture that is inclusive, agile, and customer-centric. We know that when IR people are highly engaged and understand our purpose and priorities, they provide the best service possible to all New Zealanders.
We manage a range of IR-wide communications channels, including our intranet, Haukāinga, and messages for all IR people leaders.
We build great relationships right across the organisation, including at leadership level, which means we join the dots and risks are effectively managed. We play a critical role in crisis management, ensuring clear communication to all IR people around New Zealand.
Mō te tūnga-| About the role
In this role, you will be part of a fun and supportive team of excellent Internal Communications practitioners who have a wide breadth of experience and skills.
The Internal Communications Advisor role creates communications products, writes compelling content for our channels and works with internal customers to ensure their organisation-wide communications are clear, consistent and considerate.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this position you will possess some of the following attributes;
- You have a can-do attitude and can work effectively to deliver at pace to support the changing needs of the business
- You're a top-notch writer who advocates for plain language and understands how to simply convey complex information
- You're passionate about creating inclusive and accessible content and understanding the diverse needs of audiences
- You're excellent at building relationships and collaborating with people to get things done
- You instinctively put the employee experience at the centre of everything you do
- You can take a step back and ask the right questions to understand what is needed. You see the bigger picture and don't get caught up in the detail
- You have an eye for continuous improvement, and look for innovative ways to support the internal communications team and our internal customers to deliver
- Ideally you will have worked within a large complex organisation
- You are that rare mix of being highly creative and yet also enjoying setting up sound processes that make life simpler.
If you're passionate about the power of internal communications, provide excellent advice with integrity and courage, and you're keen to be part of an inclusive and supportive team, we'd love to hear from you.
Tono mai | Apply here
Does this sound like you? Have we piqued your interest? Please apply online with a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the role requirements. Like you, we pride ourselves on our friendly and informative communications, so do not hesitate to contact us with any questions - IRDcareers@ird.govt.nz
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 11 May 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.