22/298 Archives Council at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Archives Council | Te Rua Wānanga
The Minister of Internal Affairs, Hon Jan Tinetti, is calling for expressions of interest for appointments to the Archives Council | Te Rua Wānanga (the Council).
The Council is an unincorporated body established under section 14 of the Public Records Act 2005 (the Act). It provides independent advice on recordkeeping and archive matters to the Minister of Internal Affairs, who is responsible for Archives New Zealand.
Candidates are required to have the following skills and experience:
- experience working in archives, libraries or information management and knowledge of the Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (GLAM) sector;
- public sector governance skills or experience of relevant public sector regulatory functions;
- knowledge of mātauranga Māori as it relates to the library and information sector;
- information management, technology and service delivery experience;
- knowledge of archives and records management practice and issues across government; and
- excellent communication and leadership skills.
Expressions of interest are welcomed from candidates who can offer a diverse range of cultural and personal perspectives. This includes from members of groups whom have historically been under-represented at a governance level, such as younger candidates, Māori, Pasifika, recent migrants, gender diverse New Zealanders and people living with disabilities.
Candidates need to complete an expression of interest form, provide a current curriculum vitae, a cover letter and photo identification (New Zealand Drivers Licence or a passport). These need to be sent to email@example.com by 10.00pm on 22 May 2022.
Expressions of interest forms and candidate information sheets are available on the Department of Internal Affairs- website at Appointments to Statutory Bodies - dia.govt.nz. The candidate information sheet provides more details about the role.
Any questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.