NICU Registrar | 0.9FTE | Canterbury DHB - Commencement in August 2022 at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board you become part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Department: What we do
Our Child Health Service is the perfect size for you to gain wide exposure to neonatal and paediatric medicine with excellent consultant and multi-disciplinary team support. We have a strong core of general paediatrics with subspecialists in paediatric developmental, endocrine, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, neurology, and respiratory medicine. A tertiary level neonatal intensive care unit is located on campus and our paediatric surgery, and Haematology/Oncology services provide care across the entire South Island, so you will gain invaluable experience.
The Role: Where you fit in
- Permanent, 0.9FTE, NICU Registrar
- Commencing August 2022
- Located at Christchurch Hospital, in the ever-changing central Christchurch, with the Botanic Gardens on our doorstep.
- Gain experience across inpatient and outpatient general and subspecialty paediatrics, children-s haematology and oncology and neonatal medicine. Work in a supportive team environment across Christchurch Hospital and Christchurch Women-s Hospital (co-located on one campus)
- Accredited for basic and advanced Paediatric training under the governance of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2)
- You will have at least 6 months' experience in Paediatrics at the level of House Officer or Registrar
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council-s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What-s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills, please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the -Apply Now- button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees
- If you have an international medical qualification or are applying for a new scope of practice not previously assessed by MCNZ, then you will also need to create an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) account here: https://www.ecfmgepic.org/. See here for EPIC information: http://bit.ly/2jrOIrE.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply.
Please note that the role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.