Principal Advisor - Organisational Development at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Advisor, Organisational Development - Full time, permanent opportunity
- Are you an experienced Organisational Development Practitioner who loves having the opportunity to step into an organisation, make your mark and create transformational change?
- Are you ready to use your creative ideas, knowledge, and skills to support the development of individuals, leaders, and teams to reach their full potential?
- Are you a big picture strategic thinker who can turn words into action?
- Would you like to have the opportunity to work with a close-knit, high functioning distributed team who operate in a hybrid work environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, check out this incredible opportunity.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Advisor to join our Organisational Development (OD) team. This role will see you working on a mixture of organisational development and learning initiatives. You'll lead the design, development and delivery of organisational initiatives that help build capability for today and tomorrow and help us deliver on the Oranga Tamariki Way. The team work on wide range of OD initiatives and some initial ones you'd be involved in are leadership development, culture and capability development , diversity and inclusion, team development, employee recognition our values and people policies and guidance. This role will see you working with a wide range of stakeholders to drive and support change.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related discipline is necessary and/or significant practical experience in a similar role
- Strong track record of designing and delivering organisational development and learning initiatives that deliver business outcomes within a complex environment Strategic thinking proven experience
- Extensive facilitation and coaching experience
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management and and change management experience
- Experience in leading organisational designs from a Te ao Māori perspective and understanding and having a deep appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $118,257.30and $131,397.00 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer professional development opportunities so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com.
Applications close: Thursday 19th May 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Principal Advisor Organisational Development PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.