Pharmacy Intern at Lakes District Health Board (Rotorua/Taupo), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Intern Pharmacist 2023
Full time, fixed term
Are you looking for an awesome opportunity for your internship?
Rotorua Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern pharmacist to join our pharmacy department. We are a small close knit team of 11 pharmacists and 5 technicians highly valued throughout the hospital.
During your time at Rotorua Hospital you will be introduced to different areas throughout the hospital where we provide clinical pharmacy services. This will consist of spending time on wards including medical, surgical, orthopaedics, rehabilitation and stroke wards, answering medicines information queries and being involved in pharmacy projects throughout the year. You will also spend time in the inpatient dispensary, learning about the hospital dispensing process, ward imprest and chemotherapy and other specialist dispensing. Not only will you be able to work alongside skilled and knowledgeable pharmacists, you will also be able to work alongside doctors, nurses and other specialist services throughout the hospital. This will give you a great clinical foundation to start your pharmacy career.
Rotorua is located in the central north island, nearby to other big cities, beaches, and mountains. It has great recreational opportunities such as beautiful lakes and world famous mountain biking, as well as many delicious places for foodies to visit such as the night markets and Eat Street. The great work-life balance will leave you with time to explore all that this beautiful city has to offer. There aren’t many other pharmacies throughout the country where you can get lake views right from the dispensary!
If you are:
• Patient-focused, enthusiastic and driven
• A great team player
• Committed to advocating for patient’s health and safe medication use
• Committed to reducing health inequities and providing high quality pharmaceutical care for a diverse population
• Keen to make a sustained impact on patient care that has organisation-wide recognition
• Curious learner and reflective
• Prepared to make a commitment to the development of your hospital-based skills and knowledge
• Positive in your attitude and willing to make the most of opportunities
• Willing to work occasional weekends on a roster
Then this internship will be perfect for you!
• Bachelor of Pharmacy
• Registration with the NZ Pharmacy Council as an Intern Pharmacist
• Enrolment with the Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand Intern Programme (EVOLVE)
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
• Occupational Health Assessment
• Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
• Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
• Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff
Please include as part of your application:
1. A cover letter, which should include a discussion on why you want to undertake your hospital internship specifically at Rotorua Hospital
2. Your CV
3. Your academic transcript (unofficial transcripts accepted)
To discuss this opportunity or for further details contact:
Jillian Sutherland Pharmacy Manager Ph:0274718238
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Lakes District Health Board (Rotorua/Taupo)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.