Consumer Engagement Facilitator at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Quality & Patient Safety, Hockin Building. Waiora Waikato
The details: Permanent position, 80 hours per fortnight.
Working with our consumers and whānau to drive quality improvement.
About the service:
Quality & Patient Safety is focused on ensuring our patients / clients / service users are safe and that they receive the best possible care and treatment. The Consumer Engagement Team sits within Quality & Patient Safety, capturing all forms of consumer feedback by engaging and listening to experiences and data, and using this information to support quality improvement.
About the role:
We are looking for a Consumer Engagement Facilitator to actively work alongside consumers and whānau, capturing their experiences in a way that provides useful information to support change. This role will also provide reporting from what we learn from consumer feedback such as compliments, complaints, and third party agencies to enable our Services to act on opportunities for improvement.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Gathering patient experiences and patient stories
• Providing co-design support for change initiatives
• Supporting patients and whānau to engage to resolve concerns
• Promote learning arising from consumer feedback and complaints across the organisation
• Maintain constructive working relationships with all staff involved in consumer engagement, as well as with consumers and external organisations
• Promoting equity by ensuring Māori have a strong voice within consumer feedback and co-design
Required skills & experience:
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in a position which is responsible for carrying out consumer engagement activities and quality improvement
• Communicate well both verbally and in written form to wide range of people • Experience in promoting people centred approaches to service delivery.
• Experience in co-design and/or the resolution of complaints is highly desirable
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Elysia Koretz in the Recruitment Team on +64 7 839 8899 ex 94851 or email Elysia.Koretz@waikatodhb.health.nz.
Application closing date: 10 July 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.