Senior Insights Analyst at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Senior Analyst Insights/Reporting/Modelling
- Permanent opportunity
- Wellington, Hamilton, Auckland or Dunedin
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. We put our customers first, showing manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
About the role:
The Analytics & Reporting Team at ACC are setting the 'gold standard' in delivering business intelligence, financial advice and advanced analytics to drive better client outcomes and responsible Scheme management.
If you're an experienced Analyst with well-developed skills in Statistical Modelling, Problem Solving, Project & Relationship Management and written & visual Analytics, then we'd love to hear from you.
As a Senior Analyst in the Operational Analytics team, you will be responsible for developing effective solutions for organisational performance monitoring, translating data into meaningful recommendations, insights and information products, development and maintenance of operational and predictive models which enable our key stakeholders to make informed business decisions. You will be curious, enjoy questioning the status quo and enjoy working in an organisation with a true appetite and mandate for transformational change.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills along with business and analytical writing skills.
- A demonstrated ability to think conceptually, and to translate new and emerging ideas into evidence-based insights and analysis.
- Good data visualisation and storytelling skills.
- Strong relationship management and leadership qualities such as mentoring, coaching, and end-to-end delivery.
- A high level of initiative and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- A strong understanding, experience with data, querying databases and use of analytical tools and statistical techniques. Experience using SQL, SAS, SAS statistics, R or Python, Power BI would be beneficial.
- Desired but not necessary - a tertiary qualification in Statistics with minimum of three year's relevant work experience.
Benefits of working here:
- You will be part of a collaborative and supporting team environment.
- There will be a genuine commitment to developing your skills/capability
- You will have plenty of opportunities to be part of real-world analytics project(s) geared towards improving data/analytics use in operational decision making.
- The team promotes flexible working conditions so opportunity to design your own working lifestyle.
- Be part of a team that is committed to improving lives of many through the data and analytics use.
- Competitive remuneration package $96k - $120k plus a generous 9% super contribution.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
For a detailed position description click Position Decription.pdf. Applications will run through to 17 May 2022.
Please attach your cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit and what strengths you would bring to the role Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.