22/301 Finance Business Partner at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Type: Permanent and Fixed Term - 4 months
Hours: Full time
Location: Wellington (Central City)
Business Group: Finance
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: $131,321 - $177,670
2 positions available
Working at Te Tari Taiwhenua (Department of Internal Affairs), you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
- Leading the development of effective financial management across the branch, so that it has the capacity and skills to maximise business benefit from the resources available, and use their financial acumen and insight to help the branch leadership team derive new value, and higher levels of business transformation and performance, from the branch;
- Delivering excellent financial services through an engaged team of finance professionals in the Finance team that adds value to the Branch;
- Assuring the CFO, DCE and Senior Leadership Team (SLT), that financial management processes, procedures and reporting comply with legislative requirements and best practice.
Finance sits within Organisational Capability and Services, a branch dedicated to supporting the rest of the Department to succeed by providing corporate services that help business groups and people within DIA to make the best contribution to New Zealand
- At least 10 years financial leadership experience at senior levels;
- Proven experience in financial management in a medium to large Ministry or Department, and/or relevant private sector experience;
- The ability to gain quickly a good understanding of policy and operational objectives and provide strategic advice to the Senior Leadership Team
- Advanced strategic thinking ability, including demonstrable experience in applying commercial principles when developing business and financial management strategies to achieve effective organisational performance in large and complex organisations
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to engage and influence senior staff providing appropriate challenge when necessary
- In-depth experience of management issues (people, change, resources, systems and processes)
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Proven success in effecting transformed financial management from design, implementation, delivery through to benefits realisation
- Proven success in leading, motivating and managing a team of engaged financial professionals
- Articulate written and verbal communication
If you would like a stimulating, rewarding career within a team that values people, their information and their stories, we would very much like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
We embrace flexible working and the benefits this provides to manage mahi, family and personal lives. We have digital resources that enable us to connect, keep up to date, support and engage with others and provide our services to the people of New Zealand. While the role, and the finance team are based in Wellington, we encourage applications from all over New Zealand and your thoughts about how flexible working in this role could suit your circumstances,
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 31 May 2022
For more information please contact: Sharyn Mitchell at Sharyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.