Manager Administration Services at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Manager Administration Services
Wellington, Taranaki-Manwatu and East Coast Regions, Permanent
(Based in Wellington CBD)
Are you looking to be part of a change and have belief in your experience and skills to make a difference?
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish. We are dedicated to supporting any child in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now, or in the future.
This is a brilliant opportunity for you to be part of our amazing team and we want to meet you!
Join our Wellington Regional Team located in central Wellington, where you will be part of the Regional Management Team. We are looking for an outstanding Business Manager to guide and support our Regional Administration Team. With your lead, they will continue to deliver customer focussed, operational services that do make a difference to the work of Site Managers and their staff. The role has administration service delivery responsibilities for Wellington, Taranaki-Manwatu and East Coast Regions.
As the Manager, you will lead a high performing team of Regional Administrators. You will be responsible for managing and supporting staff, financial expenditure around the team's services, building solid relationships and networks across the business to ensure the delivery of consistent, high quality and efficient regional administration.
If you are looking for a new challenge - this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager who has led Administration Teams across a range of business functions with a strong focus on achieving customer satisfaction. In this role you will have the opportunity to further develop how our regional administration team delivers services to the business. You will be looking for opportunities to enhance the administration practices and processes that add value. You will provide strong leadership and direction to your team and will help to develop and mentor them ensuring they reach their full potential. Building close and effective working relationships where you work alongside your customers, is vital. Each day, you and your team deal with a wide range of business groups within Oranga Tamariki.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role, you will be working closely with Regional and Site Managers to support their staff in their work to protect our tamariki and rangatahi. In every decision and service provided you will have a line of site to the protection, care and wellbeing of children and young people in Oranga Tamariki' care.
You and your team will provide quality business support across these business functions -
- Payroll Services
- Managing Social Worker Student Applications and Placements
- Recruiting Casual Workers for Care Services
- Care and Protection Panel Member appointment processes
- Processing of financial applications that support children in care and debt recovery
- CYRAS Database administration and job request resolution
- Provisioning and Maintenance of Care Homes
- Health, Safety and Security advisory and support services
- Customer request service desk
- Regional Office Operational Services
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- Proven leadership and staff management with the ability to engage and motivate staff
- Experience in budget management and procurement
- Effective relationship management and networking skills with the ability to partner with staff at all levels, in a customer-centred approach that achieves common goals
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information in plain language both written and verbally
- Ability to collaborate with others across the spectrum of the Ministry's functions to achieve mutually agreed objectives
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving experience
- Commitment to continuous improvement and regular review of processes in use
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills with the ability to assess priorities and multi-task
- Project experience and contribution to system reviews, coordinating and implementing new business initiatives and regional priorities.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki has an impartial remuneration package, which offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $83,794.50 and $93,105.00 dependant on experience. There is an enhanced annual leave package. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development, support in learning and developing your skills in Te Reo so you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity, are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Here's why some of our staff love working for Oranga Tamariki
- "I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me"
- "It's about respect, being in our community, your Māori and Pakeha"
- "I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role"
- "I like the fact that we work together with community groups, and we can bring ideas to the table"
For any queries around whether Oranga Tamariki and this advertised role is right for you. Please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online by 22 May 2022 If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
Interviews are expected to take place the week after this advertisement closes. No late applications will be accepted.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Manager Administration Services PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.