Community Mental Health Professional - CAF Access Team at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 1 FTE Fixed Term position available in the CAF Access team.
- Current APC with experience in mental health and MH scope of practice.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our Child, Adolescent and Family (CAF) Access Team receives enquiries and referrals for our CAF specialist mental health services and provides an emergency response with short term follow-up for young people with an acute mental health concern.
Currently based at The Princess Margaret Hospital we are a small but growing multi-disciplinary team who work closely together. Your role will involve time in the referral area, including phone triaging, as well as in the emergency function where you will be completing phone triaging, face to face emergency comprehensive psychiatric assessments and if required some brief term follow up. Clinicians have a range of skills and expertise working with young people 0 up to 18 years of age (older if still at school).
This is a full time, fixed term position until October 2022 for a Registered Nurse, Social Worker, or Occupational Therapist. The team works Monday to Friday during business hours.
Pehea | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Phone triaging of young people in crisis in conjunction with their family/whanau;
- Providing comprehensive psychiatric assessments and interventions to young people in psychiatric crisis and brief case management if felt necessary by multi-disciplinary team;
- Triaging routine referrals into our CAF services;
- Working collaboratively with external agencies striving for better health outcomes in our community.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience:
- The ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with young people, family/whanau, within the team and with other agencies;
- A minimum of 2 years mental health experience along with knowledge of general mental health assessment or risk;
- Experience within a Child and Adolescent setting and an understanding of child and adolescent development is advantageous;
- As some travel is required in this position, a current NZ driver-s license is essential.
- Must be registered with Nursing Council of New Zealand with current APC and must have mental health scope.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB). We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against COVID-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against COVID-19.This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order.As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract COVID-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of COVID-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.