Nēhi - Registered Nurses - Ward B3 Acute General Surgery and SARA at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full time and part time positions
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Must have the ability to work rostered and rotating shifts based on a social roster in a multi-disciplinary team
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Join the team in Ward B3 and you will become part of a cohesive and friendly MDT that cares for patients undergoing general surgery and a range of oesophageal, gastric and biliary/pancreatic surgery including advanced laparoscopic procedures.
Our unit also houses SARA (Surgical Assessment Review Area) which provides an area for acutely unwell patients to be assessed, investigated and an appropriate plan of care to be initiated.
Ko wai koe | About You
We are looking for experienced nurses who will enjoy becoming part of our dynamic and supportive team.
- This fast-paced challenging environment will offer you variety in your day as you will rotate between the ward and SARA, working closely with all the general surgical team.
- Motivated, with a mature attitude and organised approach, you will be flexible and adaptable in this ever changing, fast paced environment.
- The ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team, will be key to your success in this role.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Ideally it is envisaged you will have a background in general surgery, with sound acute assessment and critical thinking skills.
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value-------s)
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
At the DHB, you are part of something greater then yourself and encouraged to your uniquely self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
Contact Steph Keene, Recruitment Specialist on email@example.com for additional information.
Applications will be progressed as received.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19.This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order.As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.