Capital, Coast, Hutt Valley District - Residential Care Bureau - Registered Nurse at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, 2DHB Hutt Valley & Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
HOURS: FLEXIBLE TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Valley and Wellington Region
Integrated Operations Centre (IOC)
Aged Residential Care (ARC)
Disability Support Services (DSS) Bureau.
Contract: Fixed term 0.4 FTE to Full time or Casual - multiple positions available
Salary: As per NZNO MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The RN, Te Whatu Ora Residential Care Bureau is responsible for providing care to residents in facilities that require additional staffing support.
The RN provides care according to the policies and procedures of the particular Residential care facility and evidence based practice.
S/he acts as an effective role model using sound clinical assessment, direction and delegation of Health Care Assistants (HCA), support and collaboration with colleagues, and commitment to safe and quality care for residents.
- Clinical assessment of residents, escalation of clinical risk to the Facility Manager and/or GP, documentation of assessments, plan of care and review.
- Directing and delegating clinical care to HCAs appropriate to their competency, reviewing care, clinical outcomes and documentation.
- Verbal and written clinical handover.
- Communication and collaboration with Bureau and ARC colleagues, residents and whanau.
- Leading and supporting any emergency response to restore safety and/or transfer to hospital or palliative care plan.
- Reporting concerns to the ARC Facility Manager and / or Nurse Manager IOC.
Residential care Bureau RNs will primarily work in facilities who request additional staffing support. The Residential care Bureau will support RNs to orientate, build skills and experience to a senior level.
Staff may also work across Te Whatu Ora Capital , Coast and Hutt Valley hospitals as required due to patient and workforce necessity.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The RN will work collaboratively with Capital Coast and Hutt Valley Residential care Facilities staff and management for the delivery of high quality Capital Coast, Hutt Valley Residential care clinical care. The Residential care Bureau provides a Nurse Educator for clinical and professional education and Administration staff who assist with rostering and allocation to Residential care facilities. Residential care Bureau staff report to the CNM IOC.
The Capital, Coast, Hutt valley Residential care Bureau is co-located with the Capital Coast Bureau for acute (hospital) services.
Moū - About you
- New Zealand Registered Nurse
- Hold a current work visa or have the legal right to work in New Zealand
- ARC, medical or primary care experience. New graduates or RNs returning to practice should also apply
- A commitment to high quality Capital Coast, Hutt Valley Residential care and enhancing the lives of residents with empathy, humour and respect.
- RNs will be encouraged to join the College of Gerontology Nursing (NZNO) or other similar professional association
- Driving Licence preferred - expectation to work across facilities in the district.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the Te Whatu Ora (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The Te Whatu Ora is pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Location:||2DHB Hutt Valley & Wellington|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.