Occupational Therapist ED at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital – Emergency Department and Acute Medical Wards
The details: 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) including weekends, part time positions will be considered. This position includes regular weekends.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced, energetic Occupational Therapist to bring their skills to our service. This is a full time position which contributes to a seven day a week service, however we will consider part time hours for the right applicant. You will work predominantly in the emergency department and acute medical service, but will be expected to support the wider Occupational Therapy Service when required. You will be part of a supportive OT team that works together to provide exceptional service to our client group. This cohort of patient is high turnover, so don’t expect to see the same patient each day!
Required skills & experience:
- If you feel you demonstrate the qualities listed below we welcome your application.
- Registration to practice with the Occupational Therapy Board of NZ
- A positive, flexible attitude
- Proven ability with prioritisation and time management
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in emergency department and/or general acute service occupational therapy is an advantage
As an organisation, we offer;
- Clinical training and professional development opportunities
- Regular supervision
- A dynamic clinical setting
- Support and in-service training with the wider Allied Health service
- A supportive working environment
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Elysia.Koretz@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 22 May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.