Mental Health Intensive Day Programme Clinician at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
64 hours per fortnight (0.8FTE)
Why Work Anywhere Else
The Hawke’s Bay District Health Board is an increasingly innovative organisation providing opportunities to make a difference to patients and to the wider health sector. The Mental Health Service has developed a new model of care that involves the creation of new services to better meet the needs of the people within Hawke’s Bay.
The Mental Health Intensive Service is developing a new Intensive Day Programme that is aimed at aiding in the reduction of the need for hospitalisation and assisting in reducing the length of time spent in hospital for those people in an acute stage of their illness. The Intensive Day Programme will be a seven day service that will deliver an innovative programme that will meet the needs of the people using this service. We have both full-time and part-time positions available.
We are excited to be able to increase the capacity and capability of Mental Health Intensive Service and vacancies in our newly established Intensive Day Programme Service. We are seeking applications from suitably qualified registered health professionals - required skills and attributes:
- Be registered with a professional body and hold a current practising certificate and certified to work within New Zealand
- At least two years’ experience working with people with mental health conditions within a mental health service
- Experience in group facilitation and the ability to work in a group environment
- Have a current valid driver’s licence
- Ability to work autonomously within a multidisciplinary framework
- Work within ethical guidelines and best practice standards
- Ensure a positive contribution towards improving the delivery of a first class service
- To provide high quality and responsive assessment, identify goals and treatment objectives with consumers
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Intensive Day Programme
- A great team player and have a sense of humour
- Flexible and open to working in new and different ways
- Want to live in a fantastic location
Our patient mix is diverse and we have a strong commitment to working with people who experience mental illness. Ngā Rau Rākau (the acute mental health inpatient unit) has 23 beds and Community Mental Health provides services to the wider region including Wairoa and Central Hawke’s Bay.
Hawke’s Bay is on the East Coast of the North Island of New Zealand is famous for a warm and sunny climate, fine wine and Art Deco architecture. There are excellent schools and a wide range of sporting and leisure opportunities. Overall the Hawke’s Bay offers an enviable lifestyle to you and your family.
If this sounds like you, review the Position Profile HERE and apply now!
The Hawke’s Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We are committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira– Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
As per COVID-19 Public Health Response Amendment Act (No 2) 2021, Hawkes Bay DHB requires ALL its employees to be both fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which now includes boosters. For full details of eligibility or when please click
Failure to meet these requirements will result in your application being rejected.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.