Administrator Hazardous Substances at Environmental Protection Authority, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
As New Zealand's environmental regulator, the work we do today, helps shape the future of our tomorrow.
Our purpose | To tātou kaupapa
We are the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA), New Zealand’s independent environmental regulator. Our role is important; to help protect our country’s unique way of life by looking out for the health of its environment, its economy and its people.
Our kaupapa is about making the right decisions, based on evidence, mātauranga, and science. We are passionate people working as one EPA to encourage big ideas and bold goals.
What we achieve today helps shape the future of New Zealand for generations to come. We welcome you to join us on our journey to a healthy environment that benefits us all.
Jump in the waka - make history with us.
About our group | Mō te roopu
Our Hazardous Substances & New Organisms group (HSNO) regulate pesticides, household chemicals and other dangerous goods and substances under the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Acts. This means we make decisions on whether to approve new hazardous substances. We put rules in place called controls to manage the risks of hazardous substances and to safeguard people and the environment.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
We are looking for a highly organised Administrator to support our Hazardous Substance Applications team.
As the Applications Administrator, you will provide top level support within the team, working across a range of legislations and work streams while contributing to the overall success of the EPA. Your positive, resilient attitude, strong communication skills, eye for detail, focus on following processes and ability to deliver across competing priorities will set you up for success in this role.
Every day is different here, so your flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to jump in, step up and help out will be key to you thriving at the EPA.
If you are a self-starter, and keen to make a difference working in a central government regulatory agency then this is the perfect role for you!
About you | Mōhou ake
We are looking for a positive, delivery-focused Applications Administrator to join our team, support delivery, and make a difference.
We are looking for someone with;
- An interest in science, environmental or international regulation
- Experience working within a permitting, consenting, or application process preferable
- Experience working with legislative requirements
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills with a focus on providing good customer service
- Supportive and positive attitude
- Self-motivated, driven to deliver, ability to manage multiple tasks and strong attention to detail. Sound judgement, common sense and a pragmatic approach are also key
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure, set priorities and achieve results while working to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
There are a range of benefits for our people value:
- A genuinely flexible working culture
- Flexible sick leave provisions
- $400 non-taxable payment to eligible employees to enable an at-home flexible working set up
- Supportive and caring colleagues who are focused on making a difference to our slice of paradise in Aotearoa
- Our annual EPA Environment Day, where we get out into the community to support environmental initiatives
- Relocation packages for those moving to NZ from overseas
- A variety of in-house Māori language and tikanga workshops
- Learning opportunities on a variety of topics including an annual Science Symposium
- Active social club and a range of groups and support networks that cater to the diverse backgrounds of our people
- Organisation wide awards to recognise individual and team effort.
Salary range | $47,218 - $70,826 per annum (midpoint $59,022). This is the full salary range. Appointments are made within the range depending on skills and experience.
How to apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submitting your CV and cover letter.
Please note: your cover letter will form a key part of our assessment process. Please highlight how your experience relates to the requirements for this role and tell us about you, your values and/or whakapapa and motivations for this role.
Applications close | Rā Katinga
Midnight Friday 20th May 2022.
The EPA’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. EPA’s COVID-19 Response Policy requires all employees who work within our office or interact with the public in the course of their work to be vaccinated. Any offer of employment made will be conditional on the successful candidate providing a current copy of their ‘My Vaccine Pass’ via our onboarding process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Environmental Protection Authority|
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.