Operations Manager, Patient Administration Services at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital and Kenepuru Hospital
Service: Patient Administration Services (PAS)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Reporting to the Group Manager Hospital Flow, the Operations Manager contributes to the leadership of Provider Services including regional integration, operation and financial management, staff and performance against Ministry of Health and organisation strategies and performance targets.
The development of this service is a key priority for the organisation as we move towards a more coordinated, efficient and effective administration service for our Hospital network. It is important that PAS develops and maintains strong relationships with Provider Services management and end users, ensuring that the organisation-s needs are met. The service has approximately 300 administration FTE.
Some of your duties will include:
- Influencing, building and refreshing systems, services or interventions that achieve the Group vision
- Translating strategy into operational plans that improve the CCDHB Provider Services capability and increase capacity to deliver agreed services
- Balancing meeting day-to-day operational challenges while keeping sight of directorate objectives and Implementing system and process changes to provide solutions
This position provides leadership to ensure support to the clinical providers and sets direction for clinical administration.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Our team is one of diversity, fun, multi-cultural and hard working. We pride ourselves on the focus of being part of the Patient Journey where two days are never the same. We are multi skilled which makes the diversity of our team unique.
Patient Administration Services are responsible for the following:
- Outpatient Booking Centre, Call Centre and Atrium
- Outpatient Reception and Community
- Emergency Department and Radiology
- Ward Administration
- Medical typists, MDM-s and team support
Moū - About you
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated strong operational change and implementation skills
- Experience dealing with the complexities of a large diverse organization
- Knowledge and experience in technology-based improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated systems and process improvement experience
- Systemic approach to problem solving
- Administration leadership experience
- Relevant business qualification preferred and/or equivalent experience
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.