Senior Analysts and Analysts - Welfare & Oranga Tamariki team at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Opportunity to work on social policy at the Treasury where you can influence and make a difference on policy, fiscal and system issues that affect the wellbeing of a large portion of New Zealanders.
- Contribute to social policy through a central agency role
- Work on the big fiscal spend areas for social policy
- Bring your analytical experience to these interesting roles
Mō mātou | About us
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for New Zealanders.
The Welfare and Oranga Tamariki team advises on social policy, we engage on the important social sector issues impacting individuals and whānau including the big fiscal spend areas. We connect across the Treasury and the system to provide high quality, influential advice to Ministers. We proactively engage on the challenges in the social sector to ensure the welfare and income support systems are effective and efficient, delivering higher living standards and wellbeing for all New Zealanders.
We lead the Treasury's advice on income supports for individuals and whānau including the COVID-19 support schemes, child poverty reduction, disability issues, the Government/NGO interface, and lead on fiscal advice for these areas including the budget process for the Ministry of Social Development and Oranga Tamariki.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the role
We have spaces in our high performing, multi-disciplinary team for Senior Analysts and Analysts. Depending on your skillset and experience, you will have the opportunity to lead and support a range of social policy workstreams and work on the biggest fiscal spend areas including workstreams involving financial and data analysis.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
To be successful, you will be
- Interested in social policy, experience in providing social policy advice including fiscal implications is highly desirable.
- An excellent communicator both orally and through writing to a range of audiences.
- A critical thinker who is able to ask good questions, think through issues with analytical rigour, and see things from a range of perspectives.
- Experience in working collaboratively with others to develop agreed solutions and ability to influence.
- Comfortable working at pace and used to dealing with ambiguity.
For appointment at the senior analyst level, you will already have a significant breadth and depth of relevant experience.
Ko ngā hua | We can offer
- Interesting and stimulating work across a diverse range of areas, with opportunities to improve living standards for New Zealanders
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees).
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then, please click the 'apply now' button and follow the online process to register and submit your online application.
Please see the job descriptions for further detail or for more information or a coffee to find out more about these roles, please contact Keiran Kennedy, Manager Welfare & Oranga Tamariki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inter-agency secondments from other government agencies will be considered.
Rā kati | Applications close Sunday 29 May. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Analyst JD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.